[kj] was Re: Youtube KJ Los Angeles 2K8 OT violent shows

Chris Williamson laughingchris at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 19:48:16 EDT 2008

This is madnes ....... THiS iS MadNeSs............................... hahaha!LaughingChris

To: gathering at misera.netDate: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:27:25 -0400From: countessghoulita at aol.comSubject: Re: [kj] was Re: Youtube KJ Los Angeles 2K8 OT violent shows

See, Bongo. You got to the point. Several bands just stir up hatred and attract people who may then cause a lot of trouble. LB can tell better about LA, the first time I went to the HOB to see Gary Numan in 2006 I was shocked by the whole security measures being taken, it made me understand that riots were experienced in the past....
-----Original Message-----From: bongo <humanhybrid666 at gmail.com>To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>Sent: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 4:09 pmSubject: [kj] was Re: Youtube KJ Los Angeles 2K8 OT violent shows

most gigs i've been to have been full-on but always friendly - fall down, get picked up within seconds... but when we went to see therapy? quite a few years back, that was the most scared i have ever been!
was a weird night, bodycount and ice-t / therapy? ... of course, bodycount attracted a whole lot of tough guys - the local gangs out in full leather and dark sunglasses (at night - in the venue!)was okay, until ice-t started saying things like 'let me see some fuckin' BLOOD' etc etc... back then i was a skinny vegetarian kid, not half as buff as i am now! LOL! it seemed like if you just looked at these guys wrong they would bop ya one... turned out ok, no one started anything, but the intimidation was always there... me and my mates had a small 'dance circle' going on, then near the end noticed some other of 'our kind' other side of the front, so we all joined up and had a great time... (felt safer with other alt.freaks)
=)

anyhoo, thanks for these KJ reports... sounds like an EPIC tour!!!

=)

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Concrete Cookie <concrete_cookie at hotmail.com> wrote:I had a great time last night, felt a bit uncomfortable for a moment as i would up next to a few gang members who came to see the first band (did anyone else notice the guys with matching jackets that had an O on the sleeve?)... yeah, those guys were VERY serious. -- "due to a lack of trained trumpeters, the end of the world has been postponed indefinitely..."

McCain or Obama? Stay updated on coverage of the Presidential race while you browse - Download Now!