[kj] Duende spookiness

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 09:24:38 EDT 2008

After the Saturday show, when I got back to my friend's flat I put
the Duende Sessions CD I bought at the gig on her kitchen table before I
went to bed.

The next day she held up the CD and said "Did you leave this out for
me to see?"

Me: "Eh?"

Her: "Well, look what's next to it."

And right next to it on the table, which I had not noticed the night
before, was a book of hers by Federico Garcia Lorca, called
'In Search Of Duende'.

(And I think, but I am not sure, that the room got a bit
darker at that point... ;-0)

If they are still selling the CD at the gigs, buy it, it's mostly superb.
Raw as fuck but some cracking versions, particularly noteworthy being
Bloodsport, SO36, Pssyche, Pandemonium, Tension, Are You Receiving
and Tomorrow's World. Jaz's voice is wobbly at times but it sounds
exactly what it is, immediate and live.