[kj] The american idiot

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 08:48:30 EDT 2008

i know what Alex is saying but i dont really buy into that. I only
need to walk into some of the neighbourhoods to see the same ignorance
in any town in any country so the trait is not exclusive.

I was in Arkansas of all places just prior to the invasion of Iraq. I
had many conversations and whilst a few refferred to payback for 9/11,
most were better versed in the background of the conflict that it is
sometimes portrayed. Then again there were some who'd shoot anything
that looked like a threat and i doubt if anyone would ever find the
body in that neck of the woods.

I also find in LA and when i was in San Fransisco a great wealth of
opinion, understanding and debate. Of course peoples are led in
general by the way that the media is presented to them and when an
enemy is identified there's always a groundswell to attack it. No one
ever summated it better that Orwell imho.

in the early 80's i talked a lot with little annie who was clear that
she couldnt stand the american idiot and was living in europe to
escape it. Whilst i havent discussed it with her recently, i feel her
views have changed from that perspective and latterly her 9-11 support
activities have had a great effect on her.

I learnt a while ago that whilst i may speak a similar language to an
Alex, culturally we are far removed and i notice that state to state
as you can here from each european country.

and i missed last weekend because of illness....gggrrrrrrrrrr