[kj] Asteroid

Tim Merrill timmerrill at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 10:24:01 EDT 2008

Man, I can't even believe people are questioning the raw piston precision of Big Paul!
I even told the man to his face in Toyko that he beat those drums like they OWED HIM MONEY!
Paul's a humble guy, but God almighty did he make EVERYTHING sound fuller. I mean, listening to Pandemonium, Exorcism,
and especially Asteroid, you can see how much fucking power he brings to the fold,

Someone mentioned this tour that Geordie seemed the weakest link. I'm not into comparing one over another, but I DO think that the Rythmn section is MUCH more pronounced now, and that's NOT to take away from Raven either. Raven had his own bombastic approach on bass, but Youth just has this infectious
Voodoo rythmn on tracks like Turn To Red, and We Have Joy.

While Jaz might get the reputation as being a perfectionist, and making sure the band kept lockstep on every song, you can tell he was in it for fun as well.
Even after the first night in Tokyo he was focused, but was actually letting go a bit.

Said it before, but I think KJ is like a well oiled steam engine. They need to get the engine stoked and everything well lubed, but once they start rolling on raw power and momentum, there's little that can keep up with them....

Well, I eny you left in New York and Chicago,wishing I could get the goosebumps again...
And the tinnitus

Tim