[kj] New Yorker Show Blurb

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Mon Oct 6 13:40:47 EDT 2008

In that case, I'd point out that BPF has been absent the ranks since 1988, not 1998.

;)

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:37:38 -0400From: vassifer at earthlink.netTo: gathering at misera.net; gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] New Yorker Show Blurb

Not to toot my own horn, but I wrote that.

Alex in NYC
-----Original Message----- From: Rheinhold Squeegee Sent: Oct 6, 2008 1:34 PM To: Gathering Gathering Subject: [kj] New Yorker Show Blurb

Oct. 11-12: Killing Joke, lauded in the post-punk, metal, goth, and industrial communities, first surfaced in 1979, throwing a heavy, tribal groove and apocalyptic world view onto punk’s smoldering fire. Their original mission statement was to replicate the sound of “the earth vomiting,” and they’ve honed their attack over the years, inspiring the likes of Metallica and Nirvana. After years of infighting and acrimony, and a hiatus dating back to the mid-nineties, the band’s original lineup—featuring the powerhouse drummer “Big” Paul Ferguson, who had been absent from the ranks since 1998, and the revered producer Martin (Youth) Glover, on bass—has re-formed to nauseate the planet anew. http://www.newyorker.com/arts/events/nightlife/2008/10/13/081013goni_GOAT_nightlife