[kj] OT : Meet Britain's biggest gigaholic ...

jane.shadforth at shell.com jane.shadforth at shell.com
Tue Nov 25 05:04:52 EST 2008

Jel - festivals count as 1 gig per day. I'd lose count of the number of bands I saw at something like Glastonbury in 1 day.

Antoni - I'm not very good at keeping records. The only list I have is for NMA, (305 between 1985 and now, 62 in 1998), and I have no idea how many times I've seen KJ, but it is significantly less than that. Since Iain & I have pulled together annual newsletters of the last 12 years, I've listed the bands I've seen each month on those, but not how many times. I think at my peak I was seeing 120-130 gigs a year, but we're nowhere near that now - triathlon and work get in the way somewhat...

35 years at that rate takes some doing - my hat's off to him...

Jane