[kj] OT: old time NZ punk!

bongo humanhybrid666 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 20:04:56 EST 2008

i feel like this deserves a passing mention... =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwQXTWttMyU

last night was the return of the first wave of New Zealand Punk...
a record put out, way back then, entitled AK79 (...Auckland 1979) was one of
the first offerings on vinyl of this new emerging scene...

the gig, (which i went to last night), was pretty cool.. man, some of the
dudes looked OLD! LOL!
it was hard to know what to expect, me being too young the first time round,
and hearing stories of how violent it all used to be, but it was all very
friendly and easygoing. the venue was not a usual one, and even that was a
pleasant suprise, large and roomy, but still intimate and user friendly. i
was blown away with how good they all still sounded, the only slight
disappointment being the last band - much anticipated - sounding more like
pub rock than punk rock, but still, they were okay..

it was an event, an historical moment, and everyone there knew it and loved
it.

one highlight for me was standing next to Chris Knox, (The Enemy/Toy
Love/Tall Dwarfs) bouncing along to Proud Scum doing a cover of Anarchy in
the Uk... very nice!

=)

--

postponed indefinitely..."