[kj] OT: A perky Sarah Palin talks to reporters while man slaughters turkeys in background

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 21 18:06:29 EST 2008

Heh, I'm a vegetarian, but even I found the footage funny. Not the
turkeys being killed, just the surreal, theater-of-the-absurd aspect of
it. It's like Daily Show writers wrote it as a skit for Palin. The last
20 to 30 seconds of the Plain interview are the best, where she
cheerfully taks about how she's gonna make turkey this Thanksgiving
while a turkey struggles visibly in the background. But she's all smiles
and glee. So perverse it's hilarious.

Notice the butcher's blood spattered pants, too, as Palin goes on (and
on and on) all gleefully and perkily. Too rich.

-Oliver