[kj] Jaz Coleman Among Top Singers

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Nov 13 12:58:36 EST 2008

Maynard is taking the piss, and / or making a statement about the whole
thing. Probably about Rolling Stone. If you watch videos of the guy he
doesn't come across like a tool, dunno why people take him so seriously.

I mean check out Sebastian Bach's list, or Yusuf Islam.

I actually dig Hetfield's list, it's the closest to what I agree with
going from the beginning of the article, and esp Layne Stayley and Jaz
Coleman. Lots of old cunts who haven't incorporated anything beyond the
end of the prohibition era into their repertoire...snore.

Overall: far too few mentions of Freddie Mercury, Robert Plant, Chris
Cornell, David Bowie, Layne Stayley, John Lydon, Jaz Coleman...

Way too much stupid shit like Frank Sinatra...

Agree with Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, a lot of old R&B singers, for sure.

Shitney Love's one says it all about her.

Iggy Pop's last one looks like Cunt Cobain (I agree that Cobain used his
voice to good effect, fair call. Over Chris Cornell & Layne Stayley...get
real).

Totally agree with Alice Cooper re Dionne Warwick. I would have put in
Sinead O'Connor, Kate Bush & Annie Lennox in there too.