[kj] OT : finally, a CD release for The Absolute Game :o)

Antoni Adamiak pssyche23 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 16:08:48 EST 2008

* http://www.captainoi.com/news-article.asp?article=71 *

News - THE SKIDS - The Absolute Game
After two years of trying we have been given the all clear by EMI to release THE SKIDS “THE ABSOLUTE GAME” (AHOY CD 304)
Yep, the band’s biggest selling album has been given the full Captain Oi! Treatment complete with lyrics, wonderful sleeve notes by Alex “No More Heroes” Ogg and of course a stack of bonus tracks including the seminal “Strength Thru Joy” freebie LP. This is a release that we’ve had tons of requests for over the years and should further show that we always take on board the ideas sent to us by the people that really matter, the ones that buy the records!

* http://www.captainoi.com/details.asp?CatNo=AHOY%20CD%20304 *

THE ABSOLUTE GAME - THE SKIDSCat Number: AHOY CD 304

The Skids best selling album – a UK No.9 on it’s original release in 1980 – gets a proper CD release at last. Includes the hit singles “Circus Games”, “Goodbye Civilian” and “A Woman In Winter” Now comes with the bonus of the original “Strength Thru Joy” LP that was given away with initial copies of the album and which are appearing here on CD for the first time. Original LP artwork, pictures of all relevant sleeves, lyrics and in-depth liner notes by “No More Heroes” author Alex Ogg are a feature of the artwork

Disk 1: CIRCUS GAMES | OUT OF TOWN | GOODBYE CIVILIAN | THE CHILDREN SAW THE SHAME | A WOMAN IN WINTER | HURRY ON BOYS | HAPPY TO BE WITH YOU | THE DEVILS DECADE | ONE DECREE | ARENA
BONUS TRACKS CIRCUS GAMES (7” SINGLE VERSION) | GOODBYE CIVILIAN (7” SINGLE VERSION) | MONKEY McGUIRE MEETS SPECKY POTTER BEHIND LOCHORE INSTITUTE
"STRENGTH THRU JOY LP" AN INCIDENT IN ALGIERS | GRIEVANCE | STRENGTH THRU JOY | FILMING AFRICA | A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS | SNAKES AND LADDERS | SURGICAL TRIUMPH | THE BELL JAR

£8.99