[kj] Oliver...............

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Nov 7 09:39:24 EST 2008

"If the banks called in the debts...wouldn't the Government be insolvent ?"

If you mean foreign debt, yeah probably. If the central govts around the
world have to bail out their local banks, they have the option to print a
shitload of currency, but increasing the money supply drastically
increases inflation and in effect passes the problem on to everyone in the
economy. Which isn't entirely fair, seeing as the risk takers who borrowed
heavily thinking that real estate etc could never fall, and those who
allowed them to, the banks and the banking regulators, are the ones who
should be held accountable.