[kj] oliver / fox election spin

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 6 14:22:15 EST 2008

McCain aides themselves are the first who started blaming Palin, before
the election had been cast.

The McCain aides responsible for saying things to the press like, "Sarah
Palin is a diva," etc., were ex-aides of the Romney campaign, mostly.
They did not want, post-election, Palin to be the new leader of the
party; they wanted Mitt Romney to be at that helm.

Speaking of policies, they were actually discussed, like McCain's
ridiculous $5,000 tax credit to individuals so they could privately buy
health care on the private market. That $5,000 credit would be treated
as taxable income by the government and would give incentive for
employers to drop employees' coverage, since now the govt was giving
them a tax credit to go of and buy their own. It is one of the stupidest
policy proposals I have ever seen, and McCain deserved to lose on that
one, too.

-Oliver