[kj] 11:11

Palin's Political Death Rattle crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 09:44:29 EST 2008

Hell yeah, Live Skull were a great band! I think I actually have a spare copy of their last and best album "Positraction" bought as a bargain bin back up. I always buy extra copies when I see 'Night Time' in the bargain bins too. Once there was a crumpled up fiver inside one of those old LPs. Live Skull got better with Thalia as singer, ie the best albums were 'Dusted,' 'Snuffer' and 'Positraction.'
I think Thalia's previous band Uzi were just as good, if not better. Their drummer Danny was drumming for Thalia on her recent European tour. Apparently the Jesus and Mary Chain*, notorious Glasgow naughty boys who got too drunk to play back in the day, came over to Boston and Uzi supported. They were such hard ass Glasgow Estate muthas they shit their pants when Uzi soundchecked and hid in their dressing room. Apparently Thalia kicked the shit out of both the Live Skull guitarists after their last gig, but she's calmed down a lot since then.

Come though were one of the greatest bands I've heard and I went to see them a hell of a lot. Obviously Steve Wynn had a very different view to Alex as he asked them to be his backing band and the resulting album 'Melting in the Dark' was probably his best since the first Dream Syndicate album. En route from Hamburg to Brussels David Michael Curry, viola player of the Thalia Zedek band put on 'Crossing Dragon Bridge' a new collaboration between Steve Wynn and the guy from the Walkabouts. It sounded good, but not as good as 'Here Come the Miracles' which is the best thing I've heard from Wynn in recent times. I bought a couple of his albums in Berlin but my turntable is still packed away so I haven't listened to them yet. I also found a very cheap CD of 'Flourescent' (five Euros in a shop near La Botanique the day after Thalia played there) and it's quite nice but not one of Wynn's best albums.

Chris Brokaw, former guitarist of Come is now playing solo and drumming for The New Year, who are just about to tour Europe. Check it out:

http://www.chrisbrokaw.com

Come, Thalia Zedek Band & New Year all play Tanned Tin Festival

http://www.tannedtin.com/

*After several tantrums,
the Jesus and Mary Chain
decided to cut their hair.