[kj] OT: LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH

TB partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 11:59:40 EST 2008

"Sarah's Putrefying Kunt" wrote:

> Lords of the New Church were one of the most boring bands I've ever seen

> back in the eighties at Salisbury Arse Centre.

I dunno. I caught dozens of shows and I'd say I probably saw one or two
real clunkers. One that sticks in my head was around '86 in a small club
were about 20 people showed up and everyone in the band was sick (or
hungover) and by about the 3rd song, Stiv started taking requests and they
played a handful of sloppy 60's garage band covers like "Route 66" and
"Peter Gunn." Although the show ended on an inspired up note when they
played a long, off-the-cuff mashup of "New Church" and The Door's "The End."

T.B.