[kj] OT because there's fuck-all KJ news to talk about: Great names

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 30 15:26:37 EDT 2008

Yes, exactly.

In the U.S. we have a few chains like Subway (sandwich shop) or Chipotle
(like Subway except instead of making custom order submarine sandwiches
they make huge, custom order burritos). The advantage of both Subway and
Chipotle is you can watch the people make the thing in front of you as
you tell them what ingredients to add. The possible ingredients --
lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc. -- are all behind a clear glass case in
front of you, and the worker grabs them with clear plastic gloves, all
in plain sight.

Of course, they could take a steaming piss into the tray of vegetables
before they even bring it out to put up behind the glass, but I'd rather
not think about that, either.

-Oliver