[kj] It's not Avram Grant anymore ... (OT)

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Mon May 26 06:15:56 EDT 2008

Folks should realise the he's either very schemeing himself or totally
naive, I suspect the former. When he arrived at the Bridge from Pompey as
"director of football", it was allegedly to help get the best out of
Shevchenko, as he could speak Russian but it looked like another attempt to
undermine Jose's authority. It's been a harsh lesson for Roman Abramovich to
get really close in 3 competitions and win nothing - and with the FA Cup, we
would only have had to beat Cardiff and Pompey to win that too if we hadn't
capitulated to the mighty Barnsley. Avram has earned £8M from his 8 month
stint (including a £5M payoff) ... rumours now suggest he was offered a
doubling of salary (£4M per year) to return to his "director of football"
duties. The club could do with a review of it's PR though.

It's bad enough that we have to suffer ridicule all summer long from rival
football fans (if brave enough to wear shirts, t-shirts etc) but the way the
club operates sometimes shames the supporters ... I don't give a toss about
the "got no class" jibes from the likes of the scousers ... I've been
through the streets around Anfield and seen the houses with tacky ornaments
on the front room window sills ... yeah, really classy ... the endless JT
pisstakes will not relent, but any remarks about Avram Grant from Man United
or Arsenal fans are rooted more in their own frustration that we had
dispensed with a manager who was not really good enough.

Ah, the moment, I remember it now ... if we could just turn back the clock