[kj] SLF/KJ

Hopkins, Richard C Rich.Hopkins at wlv.ac.uk
Fri May 16 15:16:34 EDT 2008

Well i will be seeing them again. Soon. Despite myself.

I was never a huge fan back in the day despite enjoying the first album. Probably because i heard that most of that first album was written by some Daily Express journo hack (lyrically).

So I never saw them, back then.

And then i kept reading about 'powerful' live gigs when they joined the chicken in a basket circuit which isn't so far from our beloved joke's recent career.

So i decided to schlep down the road to sunny Bilston and check them out for myself.

Fuck me, what a pile of shit. Sunny fat jake radioing in a perfomance that reeked of get it over with and back on the bus with a pizza to keep up the fatness. I'm a pretty tolerant guy, honest, but to take my money and give me a Fingers on 45 performance like that takes the fucking biscuit.

So, as i said, I'll be seeing them soon. Playing Inflammable Material as part of the meltdown festival at the southbank. But only because Mark Stewart and the Maffia are supporting. And because Sherwood is at the controls for both, and if he's got any fucking sense at all when SLF start he'll turn every knob to zero and fuck off to the pub. Like me