[kj] Coleman is "a great orchestrator,"

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 14:31:17 EDT 2008

Don't worry Alex...
'The Havens arrangements aren't like the symphonic fantasias of Jaz Coleman (the Killing Joke singer-composer who spectacularly re-envisioned the music of Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Doors for'90s orchestra-only recordings). Coleman is "a great orchestrator," Havens says, "but he was interpreting the music far more than I do.
"I'm just deepening the sound, creating counter melodies in the orchestra and enriching the harmonies," Havens adds. "The singers stick closely to the phrasing of the records, too. But I promise this isn't Muzak. What we do is a real rock show, incorporating the big sound of a symphony orchestra. And you can't hear a 50-piece orchestra at the local bar. You can't hear that even at an actual Eagles concert." '

;)

Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:54:12 -0400From: vassifer at earthlink.netTo: gathering at misera.net; gathering at misera.netSubject: Re: [kj] Coleman is "a great orchestrator,"

I got a pit in my stomach as I started reading this article -- I was totally expecting the next paragraph to read: "Jaz Coleman's next project is a symphonic album of Eagles songs."
On that day, I'll realize Jaz's dream and blow up the world.
Fuck the Eagles.
Alex in NYC
-----Original Message----- From: vaio719 Sent: May 16, 2008 10:53 AM To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" Subject: [kj] Coleman is "a great orchestrator," Classical approach to Eagles' music - NJ.comhttp://www.nj.com/music/ledger/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-2/1210912710140140.xml&coll=1