[kj] SLF/KJ

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 16:43:35 EDT 2008

the last time i saw SLF play it was 1978 ;D)))!!

From: gregslawson at msn.comTo: gathering at misera.netDate: Wed, 14 May 2008 23:25:07 -0400Subject: Re: [kj] SLF/KJ

SLF never draws more than 300 or so in Boston (and they play here every 1 or 2 years), but the shows are always sincere, loud, festive, a bit rowdy, nostalgic as well as "in the moment" and great.> Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:24:17 +1200> From: humanhybrid666 at gmail.com> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: [kj] SLF/KJ> > last night Stiff Little Fingers played at the Powerstation in> Auckland... it went the fuck off!> was a trip down memory lane for me returning to that venue.. after not> being to a gig there for ten years or so, it was rather emotional> (well, a wee bit) being in the place where i had seen so many bands in> my youth (fugazi/ST/shihad/buttholes/fearfactory/etcetc)> it was quite packed, near on a thousand people i'd say, or close to> it. the average age was undoubtedly over forty, and the hair style of> the night was 'grey' LOL..> they played for about an hour and 40 mins, and i done myself proud by> lasting the whole show in the pit.. a few drunk skinhead dickheads,> but generally all good fun.. bruised and deaf today thats for sure!> after the first encore, they came out for a group bow, and told how> they had just played many shows in the states and in aussie, but said> that undoubtedly the best show/audience was AUCKLAND! (you could see> the sincerity, it wasn't just cliche lip service)> which begs the question.... (from me at least ;) )> > ...why THE FUCK do Killing Joke refuse to play NZ???> it darn well pisses me off!> if the live experience of KJ is the holy grail, then it would be a> good thing to have that religious experience in a well deserving> church/venue...! if anyone gets the chance to chat with any of the> band, please mention how much NZ needs the live KJ adventure!> > right, back to recovery...........> > > =)> > > > > > > -- > > > "due to a lack of trained trumpeters, the end of the world has been> postponed indefinitely..."> _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering

Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1. Learn more.