[kj] [OT] Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Wed May 7 05:20:55 EDT 2008

Just FYI:

If anyone has the slightest interest in Nick Cave, you really should take
whatever steps are necessary to see them on the latest batch of dates
(London tonight, Thursday & Friday), as I saw them on Monday in Birmingham
and they were absolutely superb! Long set, peppered with welcome choices
("Your Funeral, My Trial", "Tupelo", "Straight To You", "Papa Won't Leave
You Henry", "Deanna", "Get Ready For Love", "Into My Arms", "The Ship Song")
and all the tracks you'd expect from the new album. Finished with a killer
"Stagger Lee". Droll banter, and he totally fucked up the vocal pitch at the
beginning of "Straight To You" (although he's never been the most pitch
perfect singer!), stopped the song, apologised engagingly and got it right
the second time.

It was good enough for me to hopefully be going again on Friday - only
downside was that travel problems meant I missed Barry Adamson's support
set.

Darren
Hungerford, UK