[kj] Birmingham Carling Academy

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Fri May 2 19:30:07 EDT 2008

Classy.

-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On Behalf Of Mike Cooper
Sent: 03 May 2008 00:20
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Subject: Re: [kj] Birmingham Carling Academy

Most brummies or vistors to the Academy in Brum will know that at some point it is due to be demolished. Which leaves a big city without a big venue. However it is now becoming apparent that Carling have bought a new venue in the City in readiness to turn it into the new Birmingham Carling Academy.

Now any former student of Birmingham will probably have fairly unpleasant memories of The Dome - arguably the worst nightclub ever!! Yes the Dome is now going to be our number one major concert venue - can't wait. Motorhead are supposed to be playing in November but will they be switched to the Carling Dome Academy where you can't get in unless you have a tie on!

Once you avoid our fake Pagoda in the dodgy subway in front of it you can stay the night in the Radisson afterwards.