[kj] Sehr OT - Lyrics referring to "hands",

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 17:42:52 EDT 2008

Fad Gadget - Ricky's Hand

uh......

Bon Jovi - Lay Your Hands on Me (ha!)

----- Original Message ----
From: sade1 <saulomar1 at yahoo.com>
To: REAL gathering the <gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:24:22 PM
Subject: [kj] Sehr OT - Lyrics referring to "hands",

Any lyrics off the top of your heads [that you've heard - no Googling] that directly
or indirectly refer to hands or something (only) hands can do?
I can mostly only think of 80s songs that do (and Seconds and The Cutter allude
very well to hands, IMHO) but i don't think it was some trend then.

Nothing to struggle over, just whatever comes to mind. thanks.

Seconds* - Human League
The Cutter** - Echo and the Bunnymen
Lay your Hands - Thompson Twins
Guns of Brixton - The Clash
Blue Monday - New Order
Drowning Man - u2
Blaze of Glory - The Alarm
Won't you Hold my Hand - King

Sam's Town - The Killers
All these things I've done - The Killers
Blood on your Hands -- Killing Joke
Club Foot - Kasabian
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah -- ???

* your knuckles white as your fingers curl...
** watch the fingers close / when the hands are cold...

2 of the better allusions to hands, IMO

[btw, somewhere on this email there's a bilingual pun... i just caught it]

(looking at the current state of things)

'Save
me..
save from Tomorrow..
I don't want to sail in this Ship Of Fools...!'