[kj] OT : be careful what you wish for ...

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Fri Mar 28 18:24:33 EDT 2008

Yesterday afternoon I was with the family at a kids theme park (Adventure Wonderland) in Bournemouth watching the Alice In Wonderland midday show when (along with one other) I was suddenly pulled out of the crowd by The Mad Hatter to sing onstage - as I was encouraged to don a sparkly outfit and had a long black wig thrust on my head the sheer horror dawned on me that I was to be Cher singing It's In His Kiss and I had to go first - I was handed a laminate with the lyrics < http://home.clara.net/antoni/P3270460s.JPG > but didn't quite know how and when to start so made a total f*ck up of the first verse, but somehow got it right for the second verse. The other guy had been handed an orangey ruffled & spiky wig so it was no surprise that he started singing "Simply The Best" - to be fair to the lad, he played a blinder & gave it his all as Tina Turner. It wasn't a contest & we were both thanked & given a bag of Cadbury's Creme Eggs that my kids were very happy about. I said to Dawn "typical, it wouldn't have been so bad if I'd got Simply The Best, I could have worked that one out" ... anyway back to the Haven Holiday Park in Poole and the kids were grooving it again down in the evening with the Tiger Club, and late in the evening the reps were running around the club/bar looking for a couple of volunteers to join them on stage. To my horror, one of them pulled me out ... I protested ... "I've already been on stage today" ... it didn't wash ... a few seconds later myself and another reluctant volunteer were up there either side of their "club" singer Louise and lo and behold, what came out ?!? A couple of orange spiky wigs ... we were to be backing singers/dancers for "Simply The Best" !!! Dawn caught that performance on her mobile phone but I can safely say that I will be keeping that one under wraps ... Regards, Antoni