[kj] [OT] the exception would be International law, no?

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Mar 25 18:57:02 EDT 2008

I Jihad the law and Allah won?

The judge is the one I was most disappointed in. I knew the defendant
would lie through their teeth, they always have. Their lawyer is paid to
back that up, and try to discredit me. Par for the course. My lawyer was
useless...well was pretty disappointed in that but that's life. Good
lawyer but weak litigator...that's a lesson learned, will hopefully save
me even bigger dramas in the future.

But the judge being the worst of the bunch...THAT was fucking annoying.
She didn't manage to get her head around the difference between a CD-R and
a CD-RW over the entire two days of the trial. She should have excused
herself...the recording of the case is full of her sighing and saying "I
don't understand" "this is confusing" etc. I mean fair enough she wasn't
aware to begin with, not everyone is tech savvy. But come on! I had a
computer forensics scientist as my witness, he went to great pains to
explain all the technical details, several times...then the defence get in
and try to contradict him, and they pulled the wool over her eyes because
she is so inept (!). And I got in trouble (repeatedly) for interjecting
when she was completely bungling my case...hence I think the adversarial
system is pretty useless.