[kj] (OT) A Lesson Here...........

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 22:12:45 EDT 2008

Post this stuff up on Craigslist asap! Usually this stuff gets stolen and cycled through
on a very local'ish level or thru E-Bay. I have no idea what part of Canadia they're in but here's the CL link with the Canuckistan cities showing.
Best of luck to your friends; i too used to be an itinerant merchant of sorts thru'out the
So.Cal. and understand the pressures of hauling several thousand dollars' worth of stuff
all by myself, leaving home at 3:ooam, having to leave my car alone to buy from whole-
salers' at 5a.m., hoping my ride was still there when i got back - and it was my mom's
ride, to top all. Again, best of luck to your friends.

On a more academic POV, i had a boss once who toured w/his band semi-nationally [played 2-string bass] and he said every night they'd pull over at a motel and they all
woud take turns sleeping inside the U-Haul with a loaded shotgun to prevent thievery and
such. He hinted at also having guns in the motel room in case they had to chase or
outflank the thieves....

Do you know if this "par" for the course or is it a bit extreme? I ask b/c i personally
I can't see myself doing it any different.

"T.B." <Partyslammer at socal.rr.com> wrote:
You're in a rock band basically touring out of a van across the country with
a trailer containing *everyone's* equipment, don't leave it unattended for a
second and make sure you insure as much of the contents and vehicle as
possible.

My friend Adam and his band The Black Halos were about to start touring
starting in Canada in advance of their new album release in a couple weeks.
Problem is, their van, trailer and every bit of gear got heisted last night.
Nothing's insured....d'oh.

Anyway, I'm spreading the word in the incredible long shot that someone in
Canada spots their van. With the trailer and all their gear and merch still
intact. Yeah right.

http://www.blackhalos.net/home.html

T.B.