[kj] OT: Stop this man

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Mar 19 21:41:38 EDT 2008

Yeah but as soon as one of them plagarises the other's material, game over.

Well...unless it was the other way around of course ;)

Leary was in taht dreadful fucking show on telly about the fireman wasn't
he? Ick. All I ever saw were billboards of his face all over town, that
got heavily plugged. Which generally says to me it's gonna be pants.

> Hicks and Leary really aren't that similar. I mean yeah -- both

> thought-provoking, smart and angry (and smokers), but it goes well

> beyond that.

> Alex in NYC

> On Mar 19, 2008, at 6:33 PM, B. Oliver Sheppard wrote:

>> UM -- BILL HICKS DID *NOT* COPY DENIS LEARY! Denis Leary's No Cure

>> for Cancer came out after Hicks had passed away afaik!

>> Hicks died of cancer in the early 90s.

>> -Oliver

>> ade wrote:

>>> Totally. Particularly the smoking sketch :)

>>> Sadly, I saw Leary do it first, loved 'No Cure for Cancer' & then

>>> when I found Hicks, well, it sort've tainted anything Leary does

>>> for ever more... irony in action - Bill gets nowhere, except in the