[kj] ot: We Want Everyone - Facebook & The New American Right

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Mon Mar 17 21:37:20 EDT 2008

Well technically, because I wrote it on company time, it doesn't belong to
me, I'll ask the boss and see what he says. No, on second thought, go
right ahead :)

And yeah, it's nice to be able to agree to disagree, especially when you
know the other party has at least got valid reasons to believe what they
do, and can present a logical argument. For all that I ranted, I use
Facebook too, mainly to keep in touch with old friends and workmates etc.
Sometimes I play devil's advocate...or you could call it the scientific
method / peer review: attack a theory with everything you've got, and a)
you tend to get the best argument out of the defence, and b) if there are
any cracks they will show up, if not...there may be something there...

"