[kj] OT - THE CURE: Fantastic ! (14.03 - Sportpaleis Antwerpen

Janean Lancaster Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 07:00:43 EDT 2008

<<<I don't think it will. It gave the songs a freshness I found. some of
that late-80's / early-90's stuff sounds a bit dated in the keyboard
parts. Same with KJ's stuff.>>>

I like to hear the songs as they are, dated or not. I saw the Human
League do the Dare album - no way would I have wanted them to replace
the old Linn drum machine sounds with "realistic" drums, or use squelchy
techno noises.

Same with KJ's mid-80s stuff, I want to hear it as it was, not beefed up
with the washy keys removed.

<<< Hey, they could always get Lol to re-join the band if they really
need keyboards.>>>

Then Porl would *have* to play some keys to help him out!