[kj] [KJ] OT-ish: " 'Lack of thought' went into Iraq war "

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sun Mar 16 18:27:34 EDT 2008

"Lessons have got to be learned, and visibly learned, and we have got to
start on that process now. We will be raising this again in Parliament in
the coming weeks."

Yeah...you might want to start with 'War is a Racket' by Smedly
Butler...or you could always go to the history section of the library, I
believe the British Empire might have been involved in a few scuffles
before...might be something you could learn there, who knows!

But it's probably a lot more productive to spend 6 months setting up a
committee, and then 2 years 'gathering facts' and another few years
'organising' the facts into various categories, to then be 'analysed' and
then if by some fluke you manage to find it the truth, obfuscate it behind
a plethora of histograms and pie charts...or just start WWIII to take
everyone's mind off it.