[kj] Geordie's solo album

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 16:25:36 EDT 2008

O gawd, not "Victory v. Dominator": noooo!!

Jiri <unspeakable at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
"Victory" extended intro redux!! heh heh.

Surprise would be good. But if they're looking for inspiration, I hope Geordie and BPF refer first to Fire Dances LP and Unspeakable, Youth to Pssyche and Unspeakable, and Jaz to Pandemonium LP (considering the current condition of his voice).

sade1 wrote: I hope/wish they do a song bass-centric, for Raven. I can't think of any specific
examples to reference but, all the same....
Surprise me, KJ.

Jiri <unspeakable at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I agree with your point -- and I'm hoping for a healthy bit of creative tension rather than mutual pats on the back.

But as far as public comments go, I don't know how much we should ever read into them, considering the interests of humo(u)r and self-promotion. If I had such a public working relationship with some of my old friends, I'd be disappointed if they *didn't* jab me in a few interviews as a fat geography teacher. Youth was credited on KJ2003 but didn't want to tour -- that's fine ... then expect some public ribbing! As an answer to "where's Youth on this tour?" that's more entertaining than: "Well, we have two bass players. Raven was more eager and free."

Brendan Quinn wrote:
I can't see them NOT working as a proper four-piece Really?

Imagine the politics. I mean, I remember reading articles

where Jaz has slagged Youth off (Geography teacher comments

etc), he mentioned what happened to cause the original split

on the Gathering DVD, BPF hasn't been in the band or really

in much contact with Jaz for 20 years from what I know...I

can't imagine under the circumstances that all that stuff

just goes away. You'd feel on tenderhooks if you were BPF

wouldn't you? Jaz seems to be the unquestioned alpha, and

alphas don't like sharing their alpha status...and I wonder

what Youth would be thinking? Long time since he was with

them, during which Jaz has said that Raven has better stage

presence, is willing to give more, and Youth looks like a Geography teacher...ouch. A joke I know, but not one I'd

appreciate being on the end of. This is all just my

perception, from what I have read and seen...but I had a

similar falling out (except we weren't a legendary band,

we were just mates who worked together ;), with my best

friend...I was his best man and all. And I can't imagine

ever bothering with him again. I dunno if I'd ever trust

someone again after a major falling out. So...I dunno. I

suppose I'd be surprised if it works well for an extended

period of time. There comes a point where it's extremely

easy to say get fucked and mean it. Really anything could

happen...it's one of the few things I'd bother to watch

if it was made into reality tv.

-----Original Message----- From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On Behalf Of ade Sent: Friday, 14 March 2008 12:55 p.m. To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) Subject: Re: [kj] Geordie's solo album There's gonna be some *serious* expectations of this new album! I can't see them NOT working as a proper four-piece, all contributing. Hopefully Youth & Big Paul will counter balance Jaz & Geordie, that's ASSuming Jaz & Geordie have enjoyed a monopoly since The Big Split, which is open to conjecture... Personally, I think they have, a little, though interrupted by irrepressibles like Twatkins' input to Extremities.

(looking at the current state of things)

'Save me
save from Tomorrow..
I don't want to sail in this Ship Of Fools...!'