[kj] (a bit OT) Dave Kovacevic

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:02:30 EDT 2008

Well, it's nice to see he's happy.
And clappy.

"Jesus is cool" - an out and out rock stomp celebration of Jesus
Christ Our Saviour.
sigh - it all sounds so desperate doesn't it?
There's nothing wrong with celebrating your beliefs but it's all so,
erm, naff
"C'mon kids! God's ace & fab, groovy & way, way cooooooool.
Come & rock out with jesus! Wooo!"
Doesn't really sell it does it?

I worked with a lovely lady called Gwynneth who was a prawn again
christian.
Lovely woman - & I'm not ridiculing anyone's beliefs here, just a
former colleague :) - was bouncing round with a big 'I've had my
brain scooped out' grin saying "...and at Youth Group i was telling
the kids that if Jesus was alive today he'd be the hippest, [air
punch] trendiest [air punch] guy out there..." ahem.
It's that desperate 'oversell' that makes the whole thing utterly
ridiculous.
tell it how it is, but don't try to make it into something it isn't.
you can't force belief (or lack of) - it either makes sense or it
doesn't.

> "Walking with the Man" - country gospel style testament to

> following Jesus

ha ha! That's just made me play Violent Femmes 'Jesus Walking on the
Water" - top banana!