[kj] [OT] MusicNonStop down the tubes

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 06:21:50 EST 2008

On 08/03/2008, Darren A. Peace <dpeace at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> www.musicnonstop.co.uk

> This is a real bugger, as they were able to get some pretty obscure stuff

> for me. Hope no-one here's out of pocket.

It's symptomatic of the decaying record business. You really don't get
into music for the money these days. I bought some stuff from them in
the past but generally I found them quite pricey. Probably not their
fault as they have to make a profit, but I never really have enough
cash to spend over the odds on music.

And TBH there are enough "amateur" groups out there giving away decent
and interesting music for free that I haven't had to put myself into
hock for some good sounds.

Still, it does kinda high-light the fact that it is the little guy
that suffers. I'm fairly sure a lot of their target market are the
sort of people who will happily grab that new VNV Nation or :Wumpscut:
album off usenet or a torrent site than pay MNS £15 for it. When I ran
that And One fan-site I was consistently surprised by the amount of
"die-hard" fans they had that had never actually bought any of their
music citing all sort of reasons and excuses.

That "scene" they refer to is a fairly crappy one from my experiences.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76