[kj] (OT) New Surprise Nine Inch Nails Album(s)

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:43:38 EST 2008

On 04/03/2008, n0153 jr <nomeanswhat at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only good thing that came out of my days as a NIN fan was that I got to

> know Neubauten by 92 or so and got really into them up until today... The

> Fragile was the departing point for me, it was by far his least original

> work up until that point and that is saying a lot, some shit in there

> sounded way too much like, well, neubauten, for one... and the

> megalomaniacal qualities t.r. began to show in there really put me off (this

> new 300$ version of the album just corroborates my impression at the time,

> though all bands should release blu-ray drm free multitrack versions of

> their albums).

I have to say I'm finding Trent Reznor and NIN less obnoxious these
days. Though I haven't been paying that much attention. You can get
into a band too much as a teenager. These days I ignore interviews and
promotion and try to just enjoy the music. I think Ghosts is a bit
pretentious but the cult of NIN that put me off in the late 90s seems
to have diminished somewhat. I think now they are producing the sort
of music they should have been doing about ten years ago when they
were still appealing to the baggy shorts and chains dark-slacker
drop-outs who have since gave birth to Avril Lavigne.

--
PRAEst76
http://www.escapism.co.uk/praest76