[kj] (OT) New Surprise Nine Inch Nails Album(s)

n0153 jr nomeanswhat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 14:33:31 EST 2008

> They had their moments, but yes. They didn't have the same impact on

> me as his earlier releases. I have considered that this might be more

> to do with me being older and wiser rather than a naive teenager

> listening to Broken and The Downward Spiral and thinking Reznor

> invented industrial music.

Totally agree with you here... this is exactly what I feel, in
retrospective.

The only good thing that came out of my days as a NIN fan was that I got to
know Neubauten by 92 or so and got really into them up until today... The
Fragile was the departing point for me, it was by far his least original
work up until that point and that is saying a lot, some shit in there
sounded way too much like, well, neubauten, for one... and the
megalomaniacal qualities t.r. began to show in there really put me off (this
new 300$ version of the album just corroborates my impression at the time,
though all bands should release blu-ray drm free multitrack versions of
their albums).

But, as much as I still listen to every new crappy album by Metallica or
Nick Cave, I'll probably give this a spin...

The free version, naturally...

Jr.