[kj] Killing Joke and the U.S.

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 16:48:07 EST 2008

I hope that recognition you mentioned can be reignited once more
in the 'States for this next tour.
(i remember them being played on the radio in '94-95).

And they're also slated to play Los Angeles October 8.

Kevin Marion <kevinmarion at yahoo.com> wrote:
I think Killing Joke still has some recognition here
in the USA.

Back in the 1980s, I would always see some
indie-rocker, punk or new waver wearing a Killing Joke
shirt in NY. Though, there was never any sign of them
on the radio, there was always a buzz about them.

When Pandemonium came out, all over the USA (not just
the two big cities on the East & West borders NY and
LA), Millennium was played on many, many radio
stations in heavy rotation. In October 1994, the
Pandemonium tour had a full house in New York which
probably held 1000 people.

The KJ 2003 album (with then extremely popular Foo
Fighters drummer Dave Grohl) was getting some
recognition. In November 2003, the Metro in Chicago
was full and that's about 1100 people. Though, the
audience was not in there 20s and 30s like back in
1994 - we were all in our 30s and 40s now.

My girlfriend and I struggled but made it to England
(for the first and probably last time - financially
only - beautiful country) for the February 2005 show
in London. I bet there were a few people from the USA
that night. I'm not a socialite so sorry for not
hooking up with the rest of you gatherers.

I hope this next tour brings Killing Joke much love
and respect from the USA and neighbors Mexico &
Canada. Is New York the only place listed so far?

Any other North American residents want to chime in?

Sorry for the long windeness,
Kevin
(who rarerly chimes in but reads most of the posts)

(looking at the current state of things)

'Save me, save from Tomorrow..
I don't want to sail in this Ship Of Fools...!'