[kj] Wikipedia entry on Jaz Coleman

folk devil folkdevil_23 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 27 11:20:41 EDT 2008

A flaw in IQ testing is that it is based in knowledge systems. Social and cultural conditions can in essence affect the experience needed to gain certain knowledge.

"The Bell Curve is a simple treatise of conservative ideology, like Miller's review, and in its biased treatment of data its purpose is revealed as simple advocacy of a particular position. Nothing new about that. The problem is that Herrnstein and Murray and those who blindly accept their data in the absence of scientific skepticism, misuse or misunderstand science to further their agenda. There may be inherited group differences in intelligence.
However, Herrnstein and Murray have failed to provide adequate refutation of the alternative hypotheses."

http://goinside.com/98/3/postmod.html