[kj] Indiana Jaz interview on TV3 (NZ)

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Jun 26 19:45:24 EDT 2008

OO AR, can't get ye PIES like that o'er yonder now can yee?

Fuck Bongo we're supposed to be RAISING the profile of the fucking
country...sigh. And what's this promoting pies after sending AFFCO by the
Skeptics around on the list and scaring the shite out of everyone? ;)

Now just to rain on your parade (my speciality), to qualify as a pie you
only need to fill the thing with 25% meat, it's extremely hard to test that
for starters, and secondly there's all sorts of animals, and all sorts of
'cuts' that qualify:

"FSANZ's definition of meat includes snouts, ears, tongue roots, tendons and
blood vessels"

Having said that, all the incredibly bad pies made with yellowy pastry and
full of gristle, only make the really good pies taste that much better. But
if you eat those crappy ones you're really asking for bad health in the long
run.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_meat_pie

Now why the hell they call it an Australian meat pie I dunno, seeing as ours
are better and we eat more of the things than they do...duh :)