[kj] [KJ] OT: Replace one bunch of cretins.. with another !!!

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Tue Jun 24 17:22:35 EDT 2008

I've gotta say Ade that despite the minimum wage, tax credits, winter fuel
allowance for pensioners (i'm beginning to sound a bit like Life Of Brian
here), I'm finally tiring of a government that I craved for after all those
nasty years of Thatcher (and the bland yet sleazy Major term) ... I wonder
what things would have been had John Smith not had the fatal heart attack in
1994 and the Labour Party would have stormed to power in 1997, not this New
Labour ... probably not with such a resounding majority in the first 2 terms
but possibly something closer to the spirit of a worker's party ... despite
all the good things, any transparency seems further away than ever ...
inflatation at 3.3% ??? Bollocks, we all know the staple weekly items have
gone up 10-15% ... living standards dropping severely whilst the boardrooms
are still as bloated as ever ... after Tory stealth taxes (cutting tax
allowances etc), I was hoping for some honesty about how much everything
costs ... not a fucking chance ... and whilst the housing market exploded,
what intervention by government to cool things down ? NOTHING. Probably cos
they were all making a mint too. Sorry if anyone out there has been burnt by
the current housing market "readjustment" but that's something well overdue
... the only ones benefitting were estate agents (by comission), buy-to-let
Rigsby's and of course the government (via stamp duty) ... anyway, nobody
can deny it's exciting times !!!

Killing Joke on the horizon ... and much global uncertainty ... i'm with
those who aren't getting too excited about Obama ... ultimately big
corporations will call the tune, they always do ... better get some trips in
before crude oil hits $200 a barrel and air travel is out of reach again ...
currently toying with idea of doing an earlier european date (like Madrid,
Barcelona or the recently announced Zurich) ... got a severe "brownie
points" deficit here, especially with the Moscow trip, but tonight's
babysitting whilst her indoors is off to see Radiohead in Victoria Park
(London) is a step in the right direction (and I bought the tickets !) ...
interested to know if anyone is thinking of doing one of those ... would be
great to have a travelling companion ... oh yeah, and whilst i'm talking of
flying, loved that recent story where that young woman from anti-air travel
pressure group "Plane Stupid" FLEW over to New York on a fact finding
mission ... you just couldn't write it ...

Regards, Antoni