[kj] Indiana Jaz interview on TV3 (NZ)

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Mon Jun 23 20:19:53 EDT 2008

Bwahahahahahaha, LOL. What better way to greet the Pox-a-lips than getting
mashed and watching Killing Joke…and that’s a good point you raise about
other acts, they should turn it into the world’s most kick-ass concert, drag
all their mates down, Tool and KJ on the same bill in particular would be
great (for me), and appropriate in that they are both into the occult
etc...NZ is also one of if not the most Tool-friendly country in the world,
I’ve seen them 3 times and every time they come on stage the crowd goes
mental, can’t hear them properly for the first few tracks :-)

…I’m probably just about to head over to Aussie but I’ll definitely be
there in 2012 and I’ll be more than happy to arrange accommodation for as
many Gatherers as can fit in a shoebox :-) Assuming the price of oil hasn’t
sky-rocketed like Jaz says and you have to mortgage the house to travel o/s…

I did the math on that NIN set recently and came to the same conclusion as
Jaz, it’s a good point he makes actually…and I’ve heard a lot of musicians
from Chris Cornell to Maynard to Jaz to god knows who mention that the music
industry is in turmoil at the moment, the old model has gone out the door,
and a lot of artists are sitting on the sidelines waiting for things to
smooth out until they release their new material.

_____