[kj] OT: First speed metal track of all time

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 14:55:27 EDT 2008

Thanks for all the info Ollie - nice one.

> it's one of those "dumb" debates

You've really summed it up there. Often the sort of thing that the people
that play music don't give a fuck about, while the fans go on & on & on,
just to prove how much they know. "I'm a bigger fan that you", etc. As Lydon
said, "Rules are for fools" - as soon as rules, 'laws', or even just terms/labels
start to be applied to music (typically not by the creators of said music),
it all starts to die. All movements start off well & then the shitheads get
involved & ruin them.

Those annoying fans have a negative Midas touch, everything they harp on
about turns to shit - listen to them enough & you just want to hang yourself.

Rules & regulations are the death of creativity, but are a music journalists'
bread & butter.