[kj] OT: First speed metal track of all time

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 22 07:24:56 EDT 2008

Oh and I think I have mentioned that by the strictest, technical
definition, the title track of Hosannas from the Basements of Hell is a
"d-beat" song.

I don't know whether that's to drummer Ben's credit, or Jaz's, or what.
Ben seemed/seems like the kind of kid who'd be clued in to what's going
on in crust-type modern diy punk circles, and Hosannas was recorded
during the modern d-beat resurgence in Europe (like I said,
Wolfbrigade's 2003 "D-Beat Odyssey" release, Avskum, Riistetyt, etc.)
and when I heard Hosannas for the first time I was like, holy shit,
Killing Joke have made a d-beat song. Which is when I signed on to this
list and became everyone's favorite person here.

-Oliver