[kj] OT: Proto Punk

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 20 21:12:38 EDT 2008

"60s punk" is a fascination of mine. Thanks for sharing this. The
Nuggets and the Pebbles compilations of 60s garage rock bands are the
starting points, of course.

This is another '66 track this I really like, The Del-Vetts "Last Time
Around." Kinda Sabbath-y. Proto-metal, maybe. They were a surf band but
this song is really just heavy as hell for '66:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSluwC6p_J4

-Oliver