[kj] Post Length

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 19 15:45:26 EDT 2008

Sure, I don't have to read posts I don't want to -- it's just I have to
open the post to see what it is to know it's something I don't want to read.

But because I know the pattern is tit-for-tat, 5 word responses written
users (ahem), what it means is, like you, I don't read, well, probably
more than 50% of the posts here when I see a certain name attached to
them. Posts I will always read, because they are generally more
thought-out and lengthier, are posts by Brendan Quinn, Leigh Newton,
Alex Smith, you, and a few others. But all it takes is a certain name
attached to a post and I'll skip over it and not open because I know
it's likely to be, like, 4 words wrong.

Like I said, a complaint, not a request for any specific action. Except
maybe the folks who wanna chat IRC-style go into an actual chat room and
not flood inboxes. Another solution i to make an online list archive of
posts so folks can read the archives online or something. But folks
might like the permanence of that.

-Oliver