[kj] OT - Pistols

Tim Merrill timmerrill at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 19:59:43 EDT 2008

I like both the Police and the Cars as well. And Squeeze and Split Enz and Elvis Costello etc. etc.

Alex in NYC

It's funny you mention The Police on a KJ message board Alex.

First time I ever saw Killing Joke I was 12-13, and I went to the first annual

'Police Picnic' with my cousin in Toronto, with The Police headlining of course.

If I recall, it was Oingo Boingo,Killing Joke, Go Go's, The Specials, The Police.

There were alot of other bands, but it's mainly a haze now.

I DO vividly remember one Jeremy Coleman, decked head to toe in Cammo, and pounding

a keyboard, and after the set telling the crowd they could, 'All go back to their

fucking love songs now.' It was interesting also in the fact that everyone in the crowd

was all dressed like a box of crayons, in pinks, lime greens, purple, and KJ was all in

Black and Grey in the middle of the day, pissing on the one ray of sunshine, and calling

the stormclouds in for a Wardance.

After KJ and Igy Pop, it was all over, and although I LOVE the Specials, I just couldn't

shake the vibe I got from Killing Joke.

As for the Police, while the early stuff is alright, I would LOVE to see footage of Sting

being hunted down and slaughtered by an Amazonian tribe to the soundtrack of one of his

'hits'. The other two Summers, and Copeland were FAR more competant musicians, and had no

business being involved with such a Plonker.

TIK - Tim in Korea