[kj] Getting in touch w/ jaz and his likelihood of responding

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Thu Jun 12 19:10:02 EDT 2008

I don't think anyone could correspond with Jaz Coleman, and I don't think he is concerned about "fans" but industry "connections". He lost those, as he did his sense of direction it appears. I am fascinated by how he has gone from Aleister/Elohim "prophet"/Jester to having himself filmed in a church with a crucifix and talking about "The Christ". He also lists "Amazon" as one company he has marked for retribution, yet he sells his stuff there. The direction is of the style of "Jaz Gone Wild", and they should market it to FOX, (laughed my ass off when I read that one) since they own myspace, eh?
And man, his "congregation" certainly didn't look very impressed....
Really, I have to laugh or I would feel very bummed. Has he played the biggest KJ on himself?
Countdown to Big Paul and Jaz communication breakdown....it's always the same......
-Bette > Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:37:18 -0500> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: [kj] Getting in touch w/ jaz and his likelihood of responding> > Okay, the ultimate fanboy question:--> > Is Jaz wont to reply to letters he gets from serious fans? I ask because > I get the impression, especially after seeing that screwy documentary > cli, that he is the kind who would a) reply to sincere letters without > much ado, or without much care for being above that sort of thing, or b) > completely blow letters off and never reply to them.> > I aks because in the early to mid 90s before this crazy Internet thing > took off I'd write band members in some high profle bands and was always > srprised at the number that would take the time to write me back, > especially Ian MacKaye of Fugazi, whom I hae several letters and > postcards from. Since the dawn of the Internet this phenomenon has declined.> > This is also partly why I made fun of the $70 USD auction of a Penny > Rimbad letter on eBay. To me, it is not that unusual for folks -- > especially anti-establishment, grassroots=types -- to keep in touch with > "fans."> > So, anyne have any experience with how good Jaz is at responding to > sincere snail mail?> > -Oliver> _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering