[kj] kj documentary

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Jun 12 18:59:18 EDT 2008

Maybe it represents to these guys a destructive form of mass-media bullshit,
agreed it's a minnow compared to Murdoch's empire etc, but it's probably one
of the most immediate and personal experiences with the media machine...a
pseudo cool arm of a corporate machine that attempts to dictate what is
decent art and what isn't. Extremely damaging to some legit musicians who
just happen to be original or ahead /behind / out of synch with 'the times'
or the current zeitgeist...some music rags are good value and you get
interesting interviews with interesting musicians, others just come down to
who it's cool to hate this month, for whatever perceived artistic or
stylistic crime...