[kj] Blog entry at that new MySpace page of the KJ "documentary"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 12 18:40:18 EDT 2008

The singer of Bad Brains has gone down this route, too, i think, but
through the vehicle of Rastafarianism.

I think there is something to be said for long-term drug and/or alcohol
use, esp. in the legendary quantities Jaz has seemed to ingest them --
leading to permanent personality change, as much research shows. That
is, overtime, lots of drugs will simply change the brain's biochemistry
and the folks are "hard wired" to have a different personality. This is
after years and years, of course.

Essentially, what I am talking about is really damage, which can not be
reversed, for the same reason it's not possible to ever get anyone's
brain back to the exact way it was constituted 10 years ago, anyway. The
drug or alcohol use just makes it worse and can make it develop in
undesirable ways. Or, if you're William S Burroughs -- and, hell, maybe
Jaz -- desirable ways.

-Oliver