[kj] Getting in touch w/ jaz and his likelihood of responding

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 12 12:37:18 EDT 2008

Okay, the ultimate fanboy question:--

Is Jaz wont to reply to letters he gets from serious fans? I ask because
I get the impression, especially after seeing that screwy documentary
cli, that he is the kind who would a) reply to sincere letters without
much ado, or without much care for being above that sort of thing, or b)
completely blow letters off and never reply to them.

I aks because in the early to mid 90s before this crazy Internet thing
took off I'd write band members in some high profle bands and was always
srprised at the number that would take the time to write me back,
especially Ian MacKaye of Fugazi, whom I hae several letters and
postcards from. Since the dawn of the Internet this phenomenon has declined.

This is also partly why I made fun of the $70 USD auction of a Penny
Rimbad letter on eBay. To me, it is not that unusual for folks --
especially anti-establishment, grassroots=types -- to keep in touch with
"fans."

So, anyne have any experience with how good Jaz is at responding to
sincere snail mail?

-Oliver