[kj] NYC hotels

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 9 18:12:59 EDT 2008

Hey again, gang...

As promised, herewith my (old) breakdown of nearby NYC hotels. Again,
the rates have invariably changed since these were tallied, but all
the contact info is here, so you should be able to find out without
too much trouble. Good luck.

Just FYI, for those of who'd want to be situated near the venue, the
band is playing at THE FILLMORE @ IRVING PLAZA, which is basically on
15th street. If you can find a place anywhere near Union Square,
you're golden.

Again, good luck!

Cheers,
Alex in NYC

The Chelsea Lodge --- http://www.chelsealodge.com/index.html

The Chelsea Savoy -- http://chelseasavoy.citysearch.vista.com/
(212)-929-9353

Union Square Hotel (14th Street between 2nd & 3rd Ave.) - (212)-614-0500

The Marcel -- http://www.freenewyorkhotelguide.com/marcel-hotel.html

Other options: http://www.ny.com/hotels/midwest.html

A couple of years back, my favorite band -- KiLlInG JoKe -- played
here in NYC, and my fellow `Joke fans from far and wide converged on
NYC to see them. Here's some of the hotel info that was bandied about
back then (2003).

Here's what I've found so far.
I'm quite capable of making my own decisions but a little guidance
wouldn't go amiss.
At the moment Union Square looks favourite.
cheers,
colesy

<<The Pennsylvania Hotel $110 /night - 401 7th Avenue
a large, moderately priced property, located on 7th Avenue, spanning
the entire block between 32nd and 33rd Streets.>>

<<Murray Hill Inn $116.25 /night
143 East 30th Street
* Cozy 50 room Inn located on a lovely tree-lined street in the
quiet residential neighborhood of Murray Hill. Close to midtown and
downtown Manhattan, within walking distance of Times Square, Madison
Square Garden, Grand Central Station, Macy's, the Empire State
Building, shopping, restaurants and nightlife.>>

<<Ramada Inn New York New York $99/night
161 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10016 US
* Fantastic NYC Location close to all attractions and business
centers. * 5th Ave Shopping within walking distance * NYU * NYU
Medical Center only 1 block * Complimentary Continental Breakfast *
Great Restaurants within walking distance * Friendly/Multi-Lingual
Staff * Great Location for all your needs>>

<<* The Union Square Inn $97.50/night
209 East 14th Street
a small boutique hotel with 41 charming rooms, combining a landmark
building with modern decor. Close to Midtown and Downtown,>>