[kj] Peter Murphy House of Blues L.A. Last Night

Bette Dillinger bettedillinger at live.com
Fri Jun 6 19:32:54 EDT 2008

He wouldn't work with Daniel Ash! It made me sick that he worked with Trent Reznor, but David Bowie did, so I suppose Peter Murphy thought it was kewl.

What happened with Mick Karn? Why did they stop working together? Some of you musos must know......please tell!> Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:40:21 -0500> From: bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net> To: gathering at misera.net> Subject: Re: [kj] Peter Murphy House of Blues L.A. Last Night> > Anyone else with him, like Daniel Ash, or Trent Reznor (ugh) or anyone > else he's collaborated with recently...? I caught the reunited Bauhaus > when they opened for NiN two years ago (we went for Bauhaus and left > after they were over, didn't give two craps about Nine Inch Nails) and > they played two of their new songs (the LP hadn't been released yet) and > live they did sound good, but I don't like the LP. The same is true of > Killing Joke, in that I have heard live versions of Killing Joke songs > that I like a lot, whereas the same song on one of their studio LPs > doesn't do it for me.> > -Oliver> > LONESTYLE at aol.com wrote:> > So we went to see Peter Murphy at The HOB last night and it was fuckin > > tight! Great gig and prefromance. My buddy was doing the lights so we > > got to hang in the booth. We could feel eyes peering into the back of > > our necks with jealousy! HA! Oh, he played a couple numbers from the > > new Bauhaus album and it sounded killer! I am not too crazy about the > > new album but live it sounds amazing! By the way some drunk, blonde, > > ding bat, bimbo was asking for the set list and saying "Oh, he promise > > me." I was llike... Look we are not with the crew, etc. DUH!> > > > Cheers,> > > > ~ LB> >> > _______________________________________________> Gathering mailing list> Gathering at misera.net> http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/gathering